Party Tips & Activities
Discover a whole host of fancy and fabulous party tips and recipes, seasonal craft and activity ideas, and reading-readiness suggestions from the folks who bring you Fancy Nancy!
You’ll have the fanciest dessert at the party when you bring these galaxy-themed eclairs! Watch the video below to learn how to make an out-of-this-world treat.
Try the recipe yourself, below!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 90 minutes (+ 60 minutes cooling time)
Makes: 18 servings
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup 35% whipping cream
3 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
2 tbsp milk
Blue, purple and black gel food coloring
Silver edible glitter or shimmer
1. Choux Pastry: Preheat oven to 375˚F. In small saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring butter, vanilla extract, salt and 1 cup water to boil. Remove from heat and stir in flour to form sticky dough. Return to heat; cook, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, for 2 to 3 minutes or until dough is slightly dried and translucent film appears on bottom of saucepan.
2. Transfer dough to bowl of stand mixer; beat on low speed for 1 minute to release excess steam and heat. Beat in eggs, one a time, until combined and smooth. Transfer to piping bag fitted with large round tip.
3. Pipe dough into 3 1/2-inch lengths onto 2 parchment paper–lined baking sheets to make 18 in total. Bake, on top and bottom racks of oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, for 35 to 40 minutes or until eclairs are golden brown and firm to the touch. Poke eclairs with a knife. Turn off oven; leave door slightly ajar for 20 minutes or until eclairs sound hollow when bottom is tapped. Let cool completely on racks. Using sharp knife, split eclairs in half lengthwise.
4. Whipped Cream: Meanwhile, whip cream, icing sugar and vanilla on high speed until stiff peaks form. Transfer to piping bag fitted with small round tip. Pipe whipped cream into bottom halves of eclairs; cover with tops.
5. Galaxy Glaze: Whisk icing sugar with milk until combined. Add drops of food coloring into glaze. Using chopstick, swirl colors to create intergalactic streaks. Dip tops of eclairs into glaze; transfer to racks. Sprinkle with silver glitter for a final interstellar touch. Let stand until glaze is set.
Tip: When eclairs are baking, do not open the oven door. Opening the door will prevent the eclairs from rising and will lead to unwanted cracks and collapsed eclairs.
For other party ideas, check out our Birthday Party page!
Don’t forget to check out the Fancy Nancy show on Disney Junior!